Friday, April 7, 2017

Woah! It's Already Week 9


Hey everybody, happy Friday! I hope your weeks went well! We are nearing the end of the project time span and I cannot believe what an amazing three months it has been! I’ve gotten to work with some cool trainers and meet some very interesting clients.  The overall experience at my site was amazing!


But enough reflection for now, onto what I did this week. In terms of my research, I continued to ask my site mentor to distribute the surveys for the control group. I was able to get more people, but like the sample group surveys, results were not coming in as a fast as I had hoped. I had discussed potential reasons why this was occurring. One major reason that this kept happening is that the criteria for my control group were really specific. My site mentor said that it was difficult to find people who matched exactly to that mark. As a way to mitigate this, I suggested that we find clients that closest fit that mark. This way the control group is not too specific to gather. But although this problem still existed, I was still able to get two more people to be a part of my control group. So, progress!
With regards to other things I did this week, I was able to observe more clients exercise. I also had more discussions regarding dieting and mood.  Last week, I discussed how dieting affects mood. This week, I discussed if the reverse was true. Instigated by the comments last week, I asked one of the trainers and he said that the reverse was possible. He said people can eat emotionally. He had said sometimes people could eat based on their emotions. For instance, he said people sometimes could eat more when they are stressed or sad to feel better. Thus, one’s mood could affect how one eats.  So it was pretty cool to learn how mood can also affect dieting.
Next week, I hope to incorporate my results and analyses from both my control and sample group into my presentation draft.  I also hope to get a few more participants for my control group, so I can have a good analysis.  

Well that’s all for this week! This week was pretty slow for me in terms of what I did but it still lived up to the benchmark of the previous weeks. It is still really exciting how I am able to learn new stuff this late in the project! So far this is what I was able to do this week! Keep reading to find out what I do next week!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Anirudh!

    Isn't it so crazy how fast time as gone these past few months!? Anyways, how is the overall analysis of your data going? Have you found anything new or unexpected? Looking forward to next weeks post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anirudh,

    It's sad to see that your research will be soon coming to an end, but in some ways it is good because it relieves your stress! My question for you is, will your data differ if your control group has been altered? Or will this be a new control group that will be used throughout the project? Thanks and good luck with your remaining research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anirudh, if you take people who best fit your control group, will you have to make some adjustments to your results or analysis because of that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anirudh! 3 months of research is really crazy to think about! It's funny to think others also binge eat food when they're hungry/stressed (I don't feel as alone anymore :P). You're in the home stretch, so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Anirudh! I definitely would have to agree that people stress eat or eat when they are sad... I think we have all been there. Anyways, sounds like the research is going well. Hope your last couple weeks are enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anirudh. Great blog post. I normally don't eat based off of my mood. :P If I am angry, I'm not convinced that I would eat rotten fish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Anirudh. I would have to agree with the eating with emotions and stress eating and I'm sad that your research is coming to an end. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anirudh! Sounds like another good week at the gym! Do you find yourself eating differently based on mood or do you see it in anyone you know? Looking forward to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Anirudh, I'm glad to hear that you are getting more people to take your survey. thank you for the dieting facts i find them very interesting! i was wondering if altering the specifications for the people that take the survey will greatly affect your results? anyways, good luck and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anirudh! Do you think your data will change now that you've opened your control group up to more people, or do you think the change won't have that much of an effect?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anirudh! Good to hear you had a productive week. What exactly is the purpose of your control group and how do you plan on using it in your research?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Anirudh. What exactly were the old requirements for the control group and how have they been altered? Also, do you think this expansion of your control group will affect your results in any way? Thanks and looking forward to reading your final post.

    ReplyDelete